THE GAME OF THRONES FEVER

Before going to Dubrovnik I had an immense desire to visit the city. After arriving there all my ideas changed and I've never seen such a small town so full with people. It was a bit too much! I almost hated being there. But just like me, many people flocked to the city because of the Game of Thrones fever, which is now almost like the brand of Dubrovnik and most tours are based on the show. The city is enclosed by a fortress and most everything that is worth visiting is inside the walls. Big squares and skinny alleys, as well as the unevenness of the ground are responsible for the city plan, where many museums and churches make themselves open to tourism. The walls can also be visited and walked but it's of course only possible with a not-so-cheap ticket. I recommend a walk outside the fortress, through the main road, where you will able to find some viewpoints of the city and the sea behind it without any additional cost. The Porporela marina can be enjoyed also from the outside walls, with a little beach for those who wish to have a bath. Speaking of jumping into the Adriatic Sea, located not far away from the old town and a bit hidden, there's the Bellevue Beach. Here I don't know why exactly, but I saw almost no tourists and the waters were heaven! Now if you wish to take the typical shot from above from Dubrovnik, you can take a cable car just outside the fortress on the north side. Or like me, who had a car back then, just drive there.

Tip: avoid completely the summer months!


For more information:

Comments